Below are Phil’s best Health Building tips for boosting cold and ‘flu immunity. (see references* at the tail of this 3-part article).
But first, see what Phil would do if he became infected.
- If suffering from a chronic illness or if elderly, still isolate yourself even when they relax the restrictions.
For severe symptoms, here’s what I would do:
- If infected with suspected Covid 19 or an influenza virus and have a ticklish or sore throat, or difficulty breathing, I would stay home. If it became severe, I would ring your doctor or go straight to hospital.
- I prefer to take our fortified, crafted** vitamin C regularly “Wades winter Mix”
- For the Covid-type of inflammatory “storm”, I would add the MVM 12:78 powder – and extra magnesium for good measure.*******
- I always try Anas barbarae homoeopathic drops – they always help my symptoms.
- Ask also for the YEP herbal support – it always helps me also****.
- I also take the GRAB herbal tincture (ask at dispensary desk) if i get severe symptoms or suspect the covid 19 virus, as one of the herbs in this has been studied extensively and found to reduce significantly the “cytokine storm” from other causes, and it is deemed to be worth a try in this case as it is free of side effects.****.
- The other three herbs have been documented in reducing viral infection and/or improving liver resilience to immune challenges.
- *These are crafted in our lab. You can request us to make an individual item or the entire kit for you, either in person, by phone call or by mail. Phil’s Health Building tips for boosting cold and ‘flu immunity
- Follow standard spacing and isolation rules
- Take plenty of walks in the open air near trees and gardens – preferably in safe sunlight and away from motor vehicle traffic. Go to the beach if possible in states that allow it. Younger people can do more strenuous exercise if inclined, and you must do it safely and regularly. Cardio work is king.
- Drink 1 to 1.5 litres of multi-mineral alkaline water daily*** but not excessively.
- Overall, drink around 3 litres of water daily or more or less depending on body weight and level of exercise – and weather conditions.
- Stand no closer than 1.5 metres from others
- Cough or sneeze tightly into the crook of your elbow.
- Keep nostrils moist if in air conditioning.
- Wash hands with plain soap and water.
- In an office environment, it might be helpful to place oils in a shallow dish. Burners and diffusers are good also. We use Wades antiseptic and anti-viral oils. The overall effect is pleasant I find it mood-lifting.
- If you need to go out, or in company of fellow workers when we are “released”, I suggest that you wear a mask if anticipating office-close contact.
- Eat mostly gut-healthy and low-reactive foods (ask Naturopath for a list because they may vary from person to person).
- Eat fresh fruit and vegetables in abundance, grown without pesticide. Ensure that fresh foods are Australian-grown.
- All these tips help you to activate to the maximum yout natural killer white blood cells – your first line of defence.
- Seek professional advice regarding additional measures such as variety and balance – of good fats, alkaline foods and abundant, healthy protein sources. Natural Killer Cells. Did you know that you were equipped with natural, non-specific immunity ? You have, right now, special white blood cells, called Natural Killer (NK) cells that can kill any virus or bacteria directly on contact in a non-specific way. They don’t need prior exposure to the virus in order to do the job. That’s why, as these white blood cells require adequate intake of “foundation nutrition*****” to work correctly, I always supplement my diet with the nutrients that they need. That’s right – your “killer cells” can actually gun down those viruses right now. That’s one way to minimise the infection if and when you catch it. But the really good news is that taking extra vitamin C plus accompanied by traces of vitamins and minerals can increase their activity by up to 39 times, according to Emanuel Cheraskin’s research in the 70s. So, suddenly you have a real weapon to take the virus on. And it is most likely one reason why some people hardly get symptoms and yet it can infect other people so deeply. But there is another reason. Please read on. Specific immunity to the actual Covid-19 virus You also have other types of white blood cells that “learn” how to directly attack only this virus. This is what the medical announcements refer to as “immunity”. Named “B” cells, these cells receive a “sample” of the virus and then proceed to make antibodies that will kill only that virus. This process takes ten to fourteen days. They may remember this for about 6 to 18 months. During that time, you will have come into contact with the virus again and again – and so you may become permanently immune to it. This is how we build up “acquired” immunity to all viruses and harmful bacteria. Dietary guidelines.See Kirsty’s general dietary guide for wellness in-store or order them.Also dietary and wellness consults available by appointment with Phil – either in-store or by video.
Phil’s tips for preventive health – Supplements and healthy diet.
- *Building your immune protection naturally
- Take Wade’s Winter Mix twice daily as directed throughout winter. https://internationalwellnesscentre.info/shop/wades-winter-mix-aka-leuco-activate/
- Add this to Wade’s Green Smoothi ***** if eating on the run – a comprehensive meal supplement. It is the ideal supplement if you eat on the run. It contains plus food essentials in balanced and complete amounts. https://internationalwellnesscentre.info/shop/phils-green-smothi-wade-range/
- If you eat well, bolster the depleted vitamin and mineral content of your daily meals with Wade’s MVM 12:78 with around 86 vitamins and minerals that come as close as we can make them to the correct proportions to your body’s daily needs, according to standard WHO MDR values.
- Finally, choosing the right fats is important, such as Phil’s Oils. Why? Because your body needs significant dietary amounts (around 230 calories) of omega-3 oils daily.(Ref. Nutrition almanac). https://internationalwellnesscentre.info/shop/phils-oil-wade-range/
Order locally what you can find of the above. If you need us to supply you, please feel free to contact us
*International Functional Medicine Congress 2019, Gold Coast. Also Australian Health Survey 2017-18
Then make a free 10-minute appointment for an introduction to our “Winter Health Building” personalised Wellness regime.
Next… prevention measures.
Ref. Linus Pauling, Emanuel Cheraskin circa 1974 who noted that vitamin C with supporting minerals and vitamins boosted natural “killer” cells (that can kill invading virus and bacteria) by 39 times.
** Ref Emanuel Cheraskin, a noted researcher on Vitamin C, trace minerals and Killer White Blood Cell activity in the 60s and 70s
***Keeping your system alkaline helps reduce inflammation and may help support immunity
****Certain herbs have anti-viral properties, as well as being soothing to throats. Others may reduce substantially extreme inflammatory immune response of the type that features in hospitalized Covid-19 cases.
*****Foundation Nutrition describes those micro-nutrients***** that should appear in our normal food. However, food these days is woefully deficient in many of these elements, according to world-wide studies as well as Australian measurements.
******Micro-nutrients that should appear in food – and in the right amounts – may include up to 78 minerals and trace minerals, 12 essential amino acids, essential bioflavonoids, omega-3 and -6 fats, and other natural elements such as mushrooms, fresh, leafy greens, root vegetables, some fermented products, herbs and fruits.
*******Extensive (I mean 8 solid weeks!) of research with several of Australia’s more eminently qualified professors – one in medical research, one highly qualified both in infectious disease and immunology, and one in nutritional research – has revealed a possible “mistake” that your immune system may make in some people. We are not saying this is the complete answer to stabilising hospitalised victims of Covid-19 but it is my belief that it would certainly be a big help, is completely harmless and would be certainly worth trying, according to the medical research professor.
That means to me that your normal “inflammatory cascade” can literally go out of control, and we may be able to get it to reverse that event. And happily it may involve simply adjusting nutritional deficiencies, combined with adding a few natural elements that act as specific “dousers” of this particular “storm” of events inside your immune “B” cells (mast cells).
The combination of these factors may – just may – increase the level of this certain enzyme in your immune cells that normally would be there in abundance.
So, if it comes off, it can quell the “storm” and possibly help to return your system to normal.
One garden herb, Rosemary, may possibly help this to happen – especially if combined with the MVM 12:78 powder.
But the main herb is in the “GRA” tincture (our office code). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21039043
I believe that green tea may also be a big help – but if you combine these measures – then I reckon that gives you the best chance of quenching the “storm”.
Wade’s MVM 12:78, along with Phil’s Oils, was formulated with all of those elements in mind.
Wade’s Winter Mix was formulated with the maximizing of the potential of natural killer cells in mind along with the herbal tincture GRAB.
All information and evidence available on request.