Taking Vitamin C aka ascorbic acid boosts white blood cell activity
How do we know this for sure?
Because exhaustive research shows us. Carr and Maggini have done modern research in 2017 along with Gerald Bos et al to show that the original research that was done by Cheraskin and Ringdorf in the 70s to actually measure how the activity of white blood cells increases with extra vitamin C is still valid today.
Not only is vitamin C relevant for human health (as opposed to most animals) – and humans actually dependent on daily doses of vitamin C for survival – but the actual amount has been found in multiple human studies to be around 5,00o mg per day.
We measured the effect that our immune support blend called “Leuco Activate” – aka our “Winter Mix” – had on a 7 YO recently. We found that he had initially a forehead temperature of 37.5°C and actually felt very hot to the hand. We gave half a teaspoonful in water to the child and 30 minutes later the temp. had reduced to 36.7° and the tummy ache receded.
He had come home with a “tummy virus” that had swept through the school in the previous few days.
This simple but profound study told me a lot about how actually putting a well-thought-out theory into practice does reap dividends.
Case study 2:
Whenever I acquire cold symptoms, I take 5,000mg stat (in the form of our “Winter Mix” aka Leukozip and in very short order the symptoms invariably subside.
The exception was when I acquired Covid symptoms, when I went to bed with it in addition to taking the same dose of Leukozip, and was “over” the symptoms by the next day.
This latter experience mirrors that of up to 80% or so of Australians by the way – who feel like they have just had a simple cold or flu and not the devastating symptoms associated with Covid 19.
See link: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/most-covid-19-cases-come-from-people-without-symptoms
Fighting viruses more effectively:
We made initially our Winter Mix (“Leuco activate”) specifically to activate White Blood Cells (WBCs), on the back of a presentation that Medical research Dr Emanuel Cheraskin told us on that fateful afternoon many years ago at the Blackmores-hosted conference at the Steyne Hotel, Manly. He told us that his own published research showed unequivocally that vitamin C can accelerate the “natural killer Cell” activity up up to 40 times when replete with vitamin C.
Below please see more evidence informed detail of other ways to prepare your body for any virus infection, especially seasonal colds ‘flus.
And you can achieve better concentrations of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) into human cells when accompanied by certain nutrient “accelerators” called co-factors that are found to accompany ascorbic acid in nature.
As this has a similar action to paracetamol – or acetaminopthen as our USA colleagues call it – it might work the same way on the body’s own internal cannabinoid receptors.
For the above reasons we feel that it may be effective in minimising the severity of symptoms for a novel virus as well as the re-infection of past viral infections (seasonal ‘flu).
Our tips for preparing for the Coronavirus aka Novel Covid 19, and also influenza
- Follow current personal spacing and isolation requirements, observing recommended standards.
- All should exercise regularly, preferably in sunlight[i] in the safe hours. Gardening, housework, cooking & walking outdoors etc.
- Keep your circulation going to optimise “Natural Killer Cell[ii]” availability.
- Use beaches and parks as much as allowable and as often as possible
- Use more physical styles of exercises if inclined, for younger people. Cardio work is king! For the rest of us, a good walk once or preferably twice daily is ideal.
- Stand no closer than 1.5 metres from others
- If they cough or sneeze, stand 2.5 metres distant and take one step sideways
- Cough or sneeze tightly into crook of elbow.
- Keep nostrils moist if in air conditioning.
- Drink up to 3 litres of water daily – or more – depending on conditions and exercise level.
- Hand and surface sanitising
- Wash hands at least with water and/or plain soap if no alcohol-based sanitiser. Ask the pharmacist to recommend the best soap.
- Keep rooms well ventilated – preferably cross-ventilation but without the “draughts”..
- Use hand and surface antiviral sanitiser where possible.
Recommended daily immune-boosting “resilience”[iii]* regime
Ask Phil for advice about any of the following:
- MVM12:78. May help to: (i) minimise the extreme effects of the virus by (ii) potentially regenerating levels of the enzyme Acetyl hydrolase[iv] that may be low in people who develop the well-known “ground glass”effect [v]
- Boost your NK immune cell activity with Wade’s Winter Mix[vi] with abundant vitamin C* twice daily that may help stave off[vii] cold and flu significantly.
- Phil’s Green Smoothi meal blend [viii]daily, with half his normal breakfast muesli.
- He includes in his water intake 1 litre a day of alkaline Wellness Water™.[ix], [x]
- Inner Health[xi] or similar specific probiotics that are important for better immunity. Ask our pharmacist.
- ZinAc[xii] as a general immune boosting supplement.
- Take around 30 mls per day of Phil’s Oils [xiii]or similar for better cell respiration
- Finally select mainly low-reactive food for wellness. See Phil or Kirsty for details and lists.
If you catch the virus this possibly may help to prevent severe symptoms:
- High-dose Winter Mix, a complex natural formula with vitamin C[xiv] at first sign of virus infection
- Antiviral[xv] herbal medicine (ask the pharmacist/naturopath)
- Include Specialised herbs to help soothe airways and help immune cells (Ask at counter)
- Wade’s MVM 12:78****
- P.E.A. capsules
- Compounded Melatonin capsules or tablets (requires Doc prescription).
- Medical cannabis
- Winter Mix*
- Probiotics, especially those containing paracasei and S. boulardii in combination with LGG
- Vitamin D3
If you cannot obtain them locally, please feel free to order through us via contact.
Use a low-reactive Diet to assist with better health.
See Phil and Kirsty’s general dietary guide for wellness.
Dietary and wellness consults are available by appointment – either in-store or video.
This comprises special white blood cells, called Natural Killer cells that can kill a virus on contact. They don’t need prior exposure. You can boost NK activity with the nutrition that gets them going for your protection.*****”
Use outdoor exercise opportunities in safe sunshine to the maximum available/allowable.
Frequent movement especially during sunny days is great for necessary circulation.
Grow a veggie garden for valuable extra vitality through freshness and low contamination (see “Urban Gardner” on face book).
Drink 1 litre of Wellness Water** daily, aiming for a total of approximately 3 litres of water daily.
Wash hands with water or soapy water regularly.
Maintain the 1.5 metre rule.
Take the Winter Mix twice daily in water.
Drink green tea 3 x daily (heat water to 80 degrees only – not boiling water).
Enquire about benefits of P.E.A., medical cannabis and melatonin.
Tetravalent Influenza vaccine
- Administered in the pharmacy
- Still obtain influenza vaccine if you normally have it
- Please book for a vaccination now as supplies are always limited
*Ref. Linus Pauling Dr Emanuel Cheraskin: circa 1974 who noted that vitamin C with supporting minerals and vitamins boosted natural “killer” cells (that can kill invading virus and bacteria) with up to 39 times greater activity.
**Keeping your system alkaline helps reduce inflammation and may help support immune regulation
***Certain noted antiviral herbs also are soothing to throats and may also reduce the “cytokine storm” that is a condition of distress that some people may experience who are impacted by the corona virus.
****Foundation Nutrition describes those micro-nutrients***** that control your body’s immune defence and general health and vitality. Overwhelming evidence shows that globally and locally, the great majority of us are deficient in many of these elements.
*****Micro-nutrients that should appear in food – and in the right amounts – may include up to 78 minerals and 12 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, essential bioflavonoids, omega-3 and -6 fats, and other natural elements such as mushrooms, fresh, leafy greens, root vegetables, some fermented products, herbs and fruits. We incorporate these into the Phil’s Green Smoothi.
*****Wade’s MVM 12:78 is the micronutrient base of the above. It is also the basis of Phil’s Green Smoothi.
Wade’s Winter Mix contains the optimum proportions for maximum activation of Natural Killer white blood cells.
ABN: 65 092 958 104
152 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove NSW 2066, Australia BUPA 9926501HMEDIBANK PRIVATE 1032631X
Phone Wellness Centre (02) 9420 4959 Pharmacy (02) 9427 1196 Fax (02) 9418 6846
Naturopath Consultations and treatments
NLP Master Practitioner:
Fast Phobia technique
Quit Cigarettes in 60 Minutes Specialist
Reach Your Ideal Weight in 60 Minutes Specialist